Guess I should mention for those of you who don't know...

Our old Rexie dog, who was nearly 16, had to be put down in November. We miss him terribly - particularly his happy woo -woo in greeting every time we walk in the door.

He was one of a kind. Many years ago, I went to the Orange County Animal Shelter looking for my lost cat Thomas, and had to walk down the "large dog" row to get to the cat building. Next thing I know, I'm looking into the sad eyes of this malamute and thinking...no way....too big....too hairy.  But as I walked away.....he let out a long sad "wooooo ooooooo", and that was it.  He had me.  And I'm so glad he did. Brought home Rex, not to mention the little malnourished and quite sickly kitten Gabriel, who followed that dog everywhere for the rest of his life. Miss them both now.

Here's a link to Rexie's photo album:

Good Ole' Rexie

No comments: