Lake Tahoe in early April

We took a trip to Tahoe to use our timeshare week (left the RV in storage at Sky Valley). I had not been up the 395 since I was a kid, never realized how scenic and beautiful this drive is. Gary's sister Sue joined us at the Tahoe Beach and Ski Club (very nice - right on the beach). We got a good snow and it was a fantastic winter wonderland for a day. Gary had a good time sledding on a local hill, and also went skiing at Heavenly.  No luck fishing on the lake though - not a bite! On the drive home, we toured the very beautiful June Lake Loop and drove through Mammoth (ski area was packed!) Unfortunately, Tioga pass was closed so we didn't get to drop by Yosemite (I really wanted to check up on MuirCat).  

The real fun happened when we got home and discovered the RV battery had died and everything in the freezer (my salmon fillets!!!) was rotten.  Eeeew, what a mess.  And I think it's gonna be a while before that smell goes away completely.



No comments: