July 22: to Grand Lake

For our last day at Green Ridge, we headed "upstream" to Grand Lake. Gary drove up to do some fishing on the lake and up the stream near Adams Falls, and I hiked the East Shore Trail from our campground at Shadow Mountain Dam up to Grand Lake; I had thought it was only 2 miles, but at about the halfway point I saw this sign pointing back to my starting point, indicating 2 miles. So it was about 4 miles...easy and beautiful trail along the lakeside.



























There is a small waterway connecting Grand Lake to Shadow Mountain Reservoir, and it reminded me of Christmas Tree Lane connecting Wrangle and St Petersburg in Southeast Alaska (but on a slightly smaller scale) - narrow, twisting, with red and green markers for the boats....












The town of Grand Lake is touristy, lots of shops and eateries. Beautiful mansions on the lake, of course. I walked around town, finally met up with Gary and we hung out for a litte while as I used WIFI at the Village Hub and then at the terrific little bowling alley which had excellent pizza (Gary said it approached Round Table - his favorite) and good prices .....very glad we visited this town, but the shops were spendy; certainly wouldn't do my shopping here.

No comments: