2014-08-19 Trying a different trail up Pemetic

I had a later shift than Gary, so I was able to fit in a shuttle ride / hike / shuttle home before work at 3pm. Because of its convenience on the shuttle schedule, Pemetic mountain was a good choice for limited time. This time I did the Pemetic Northeast trail starting from the Bubbles parking lot, to the summit and then down the Northwest trail to Bubble Pond parking (which is the trail Gary and I had hiked up previously). My plan was to do a little offshoot trail called the "ledge ravine" which involves some ladders in a ravine and sounds fun. However, I somehow missed the offshoot and did not see the ravine until I was at the other end, above it where I could see the top of the ladder!  Wanted to go back down and try it, but time did not allow, as I did not want to be late for work. Still had fun on this trail...a couple of girls I hiked with said it was one of the hardest in the park.....hmm, yeah it was definitely a workout!

Some of the trickiest footing in the park

Still more tricky footing

And a little bit of climbing fun

Very steep granite, not good in wet weather

Well, there's the ravine I missed

And there's the marker at the "top" of the ledge ravine

Look closely and see the top of the ladder

Time was short so I pressed onward


The footing is tough and it's continuously steep!


some of the last of the push upward


to an awesome view over Jordan Pond cliffs

Looking west at Sargent Mountain, with South Bubble, North Bubble in the foreground

After the summit, heading over the other side to Bubble Pond

Still more views

Nice view over Bubble Pond and Cadillac's west side, before heading down

No comments: